The YMCA provides financial assistance (FA) to youth, families and individuals who do not have the resources to pay the full membership or program fee. Scholarships are provided for qualifying applicants within our means. The YMCA Scholarship Program is supported by our Annual Campaign, contributions received from the United Way, and the YMCA’s annual fundraisers.
Financial Assistance Application
What you need to know before applying:
- Applications without income documentation (1040 tax form) will be denied.
- Please allow 5 business days for application processing.
- All documentation provided will be shredded upon determination of FA award.
- FA reduces fees; it does not eliminate them.
- FA is granted on 12 month basis & must be renewed prior to exp date.
- Delinquent payments will result in revocation of FA award.
- Membership & program fees are subject to change.
- Some programs are excluded from assistance or limited in the amount of assistance we can offer.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE A 1040 OR 1040EZ? Please review the options below for a solution regarding your specific circumstance:
- You are unable to locate your tax form: Contact your tax preparer or call the IRS at 800-829-1040
- I did not file taxes last year: For each income earner who contributes to the household, we require copies of W2s or copies of one month of current pay stubs showing gross income. Please write that you did not file taxes on your application.
- Your household received government assistance: Please bring copies of your statements.